Patent Agent Exam 2018 Crash Course for Aspiring Genius Minds #MandateIPRevolution
Innovation Ecosystem is Gearing up big time in India in Industry 4 Era.
Build your future by entering fascinating field of Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) which offers the intellectual mind to evolve in zillion ways. Prepare yourself for the Patent Agent Exam 2018 to develop long-term career in technology, law and business.
What is the Role Play of a Registered Patent Agent who clears Patent Agent Exam 2018?
The role play of a Registered Patent Agent who clears the Patent Agent Exam 2018 will depend on the choice they make to explore the unexplored territories of technology companies working in India.
“Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.” ― Mother Teresa
Its righty said time, patience and perserverance accomplish all things.
In the first week of June, 2018, the Indian Patent Office (IPO) notified that the Patent Agent Examination, 2018 will be conducted before December 2018 gave a ray of hope to the aspiring patent professionals in India waiting for the patent agent exam 2018. Recently, the Indian Patent Office (IPO) has issued online announcement for the commencement of registration for the patent agent exam from 17 June 2018.
Good news for aspiring intellectual minds is that Patent Agent Exam 2018 is scheduled for late October this year. The last Patent Agent Exam was held in the year 2016. The Patent Agent Exam schedule has been irregular in the past. The 2016 Patent Agent Exam was held after the Patent Agent Exam which was conducted in the year 2013.
Role Play of a Registered Patent Agent who clears Patent Agent Exam 2018
Role of a patent agent is described in section 127 of the Indian Patents Act, 1970. According to Section 127, a patent agent is entitled to:
- Practice before the Controller of Patents; and
- Prepare all patent related documents, transact all business and discharge such other functions as may be prescribed in connection with any proceeding before the Controller under the patent law.
With the case regarding the qualifications for being the Patent Agent still pending in the court, patent agent aspirants were confused for when the next exam would be conducted.
Generally the patent agent should have the necessary qualifications and hold a scientific graduate degree to appear for the patent agent exam 2018. Any Science graduate which may include but not limited to hold a scientific and technical education in areas such as biology, biochemistry, computer science, molecular biology, physics, textile technology, agricultural engineering, general engineering, biomedical engineering, geological engineering, engineering physics, mechanical engineering or electrical engineering.
Need to Hold a scientific graduate degree to appear for the patent agent exam 2018
Important Deadline Date for Appearing for Patent Agent Exam 2018
In the hustle and bustle of daily life, when it is difficult to take out time to do the registration for the patent agent exam online, you might miss out an important opportunity in no time.
Aspiring Indian Patent Agent Candidates can apply for Patent Agent Exam 2018 online only from 17.07.2018 (12:00 Noon) to 16th August, 2018 (06:00 PM).
TCIS is facilitating online registration process for Patent Agent Exam 2018. The cost of our service is INR 2,600 which includes the patent examination fees i.e. 1600. We will provide complimentary Q & As document to the aspiring patent professionals.
All you need to provide us with the following pre-requisite documents for applying for Patent Agent Exam 2018
- Scan color photograph and signature (black ink). Ensure that size of the photograph and signature in jpeg /jpg format) do not exceed 300 KB and 100KB respectively. Signature in CAPITAL LETTERS will NOT be accepted.
- Provide us with the scanned copy of the following documents (.pdf format, preferably self-attested) and other necessary details ready before applying for examination:
- Proof of age
- Degree Certificate in accordance with the Patents Act, 1970.
iii. Proof of Citizenship (Passport / Voter Id / Certificate of Nationality)
Note: Other document, if applicable (marriage certificate etc.): may be scanned and combined with proof of age for uploading purpose.
- Provide us with your valid personal email Id, which remains active till the completion of this examination process.
Following are the Guidelines for filling the Patent Agent Exam 2018 Application
Candidates can apply for Patent Agent Examination 2018 online only from 17.07.2018 (12:00 Noon) to 16.08.2018 (06:00 PM). There is NO other mode of application.
-Ensure to have a valid personal email Id, which remains active till the completion of this examination process. A candidate is required to enter the mobile number and email ids carefully while applying for examination.
Note: – In case a candidate does not own an e-mail Id, he/she is advised to create new e-mail ID before applying online and responsibly maintain it. All the communication relating to the examination shall be done on registered e-mail Id only. Applicants are advised to check their email on regular basis.
- Scan of applicant’s photograph and signature should be sufficiently clear, failing which the application is likely to be rejected.
- Ensure to have correctly entered all the details before clicking on Final submit option.
Procedure for applying online for Patent Agent Exam 2018
- Go to www.ipindia.nic.in
- Click on Apply Online For Patent Agent Examination 2018. The online application filing system will be available 17.07.2018 (12:00 Noon) to 16.08.2018 (06:00 PM).
- Register (New Applicant).
- After successful registration, sign in to your account and apply for examination. Upload scanned copy of colored photograph, signature in prescribed format, documents of proof of age, nationality, degree certificate etc.
- Ensure to have correctly entered all the details before clicking on Final submit option as no subsequent amendment in detail is possible.
- Complete the Patent Agent Exam 2018 application by paying the fee online. Keep a copy of application and payment details with you for future reference.
- You are NOT required to send a copy of application form to the office of Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks by post or through mail.
Note:- 1. Candidates are advised to carefully fill online application; any false information may lead to forfeiture of candidature.
- There is no other mode for making an application for the Patent Agent Examination 2018.
- The application can also be saved and completed at a later time. The candidates may use the update profile feature in case of a subsequent change in contact details.
- Candidates may prefer Google Chrome for online application.
- Pop-up blocker should be disabled.
- NO request to change the centre of the examination shall be considered once the application is finalized.
Mode of Payment
Applicable fee (Rs. 1600/- ) for Patent Agent Examination-2018 shall be paid online through Internet Banking / Credit / debit Card only, failing which application shall be considered incomplete and will not be accepted. Transaction facilitation charges of different banks, if any, as applicable, shall be borne by the candidate.
Note:- Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online well before the closing date and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fee / completing the application, to avoid any eventual situation like: failure of internet connection / transaction etc.
Last date for online registration shall not be extended in any case.
e-Admit Card for Patent Agent Exam 2018
- The applicants are required to download a color copy of e-admit card from the official website. Admit cards are likely to be made available online for download and print from 01.10.2018 to 15.10.2018; these dates may however change in special circumstances.
- Applicants are advised to visit the website on regular interval.
- Please read the instructions behind admit card carefully.
- Tempering of e-Admit Card to appear in the examination is a criminal offence.
- Any query with regards to payment and transaction failure may be sent upon firstname.lastname@example.org with following details: name, applicant id, date of birth (DD/MM/YYYY).
Patent Agent Exam 2018 Crash Course for Aspiring Genius Minds: enrolment